A major concern for investors especially in the winter time….when do I need to replace my hot water system?
- How to spot if the boiler is on its last legs –
- Check the installation date (if its over 7 years old)
- Look out for corrosion on radiators
- Any leaking from the boiler
- Don’t feel that you have to rip out the entire boiler (usually the pipework doesn’t need to be touched)
- You are going to need a plumber, gas engineer and electrician
- Combi or system boiler – A combi is the favourite option unless the property is bigger than a system might be better.
- Costings for combi boilers – (being a part of LNPG will make these prices cheaper)
- For a small boiler, it should cost between £700-£1000.00
- For a larger boiler, it should cost between £1200-£1800
- To fit the boiler, it is £300 upwards
- Unforeseen circumstances –
- Possibly need to replace some floorboards
- Modifying the pipework and decorating touch ups
Always ask a tradesman for their advice and try and get a number of quotes.