8 simple steps to ensure that you make each investment as lucrative as the last:
- Get your market right – is there a demand? And who is the rental market?
- Stand out – with so much competition, dress your rooms/ properties and take multiple pictures. Perhaps use a professional photographer
- First come first serve – Get your property to the top of the major sites to get in front of more potential tenants
- Due diligence – You have found the perfect tenant make sure that you have carried out all the correct referencing checks
- Contracts – Ensure that you have a fair and solid contract or choose a letting agent with a good contract and add any clauses that you feel necessary
- Protect your investment – Unfortunately not everyone pay rent, so taking renters insurance may want to be a consideration?
- Environmentally friendly – EPC are up to code?
- Be safe – Ensure that the tenants have been given all the correct material e.g. gas safety certs & how to rent booklet