Second guessing & staying up to date with what your tenants want from their HMOs is a never-ending task. So, we are sharing some ideas with you so you can out the to use in your own HMO. If you can get this building and letting your HMO portfolio will be a breeze.
- Going digital – Offer great internet, apps to control heating & bills or put in a smart meter. Use whats app for group chats (its free quick & easy) more preferable than emails today. Can use an e-documents sight so that all paperwork is online and signed online etc rather than having to wait for postage or arranging a meeting.
- Location, location, location – popular neighbourhoods, walking distances to university campuses, train stations, high streets and generally close to local amenities
- Evading condensation & damp – Try to incorporate a utility or drying room, tumble drying facility, bathroom extractor fans operating on timers or humidity sensors or even a Nuaire unit
- Understand your tenants budget – Key here is to recognise that value for money trumps is all, bills included options are always more preferable for tenants.
- Co-living amenities – plenty of space in the kitchen, dining room area with sofas, seating areas or perching areas e.g. breakfast bars, depending on your spec, space & budget you can provide a communal TV, pool table e.t.c
Hope that you found these ideas useful and easy to implement!